Starfire (aka Wendy)'s Note:
At Olive Garden we are passionate about Italian cooking. We are pleased to share with you a collection of our Featured Recipes over the years that you can prepare at home—and share with your friends and family. Link: olivergarden.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, stems & gills removed
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons, finely ground
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream (Sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 2 teaspoons dry basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 3CLEAN top of mushrooms with damp cloth. Place cleaned mushrooms on a sheet tray, stem side down. Bake at 350ºF for 5-8 minutes.
- 4REMOVE from oven until ready to stuff, in step 5 below.
- 6BROWN sausage in a nonstick skillet, crumbling sausage into small pieces. Once browned, drain fat and transfer to a paper towel to cool.
- 7BEAT eggs with milk in a medium bowl, then mix in parsley, basil, garlic, croutons, and Parmesan cheese.
- 8ADD cooled sausage and mix well -- mixture should be wet but firm and hold together easily.
- 9TOP pre-baked mushroom caps with sausage mixture and bake in 350ºF oven for 15 - 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- 11HEAT cream in sauce pan and lightly boil until half its original volume, being careful not to scorch. Mix in Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- 12SPOON 2 ounces of sauce over top of each mushroom.
- 13Garnish with a sprig of fresh Italian parsley or fresh basil and serve.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms With Herb Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 971.3
- Calories from Fat 752
- Total Fat 83.6 g
- Saturated Fat 42.0 g
- Cholesterol 347.3 mg
- Sodium 1777.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 35.8 g