Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
- Ready In:
- 10 ounces pork sausage, Mild, crumble
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 12 portabella mushrooms, medium sized
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash hot chili sauce
- olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown sausage in a skillet. Drain.
- Add in a mixing bowl the cheeses, onion, tomatoes, basil, black pepper, and chili sauce. Mix well.
- Combine the sausage with the above ingredients. Mix well.
- Spray cooking pan with non - stick spray.
- Place mushrooms with the top down in the pan and drizzle a sm. amount olive oil over the mushrooms.
- Into the center of the mushrooms add the sausage mixture.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
Join The Conversation
I cut this down (1/4th recipe) to make 2 large mushrooms, as a side. I subbed fresh basil for what I assume was supposed to be dried? (1 tbls. fresh for 1/4 tsp dried). Also, no instructions given on prepping the mushroom, which, as an experienced cook, I knew what to do, but some others might not. Great flavor and really liked that there is no bread in these, as so many stuffed mushrooms have. I also added a bit of shredded parmesan on top while baking. Made for RSC #16.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I grew up around great cooks as a youngster. Each left me with a love of entertaining, and offering foods in our family gatherings. I am a Registered Nurse. My hobbies include collecting antique glassware and angels, reading, cooking, movies, crafts, quilting and gardening. I love spending time with my children and their activites. I tend to gravitate towards the outdoors. I have three children, two sons and a daughter. My favorite chef is Gordon Ramsey. He's a hoot!</p>