Recipe by Bev
This is a wonderful, easy soup that is quick to put together for a nice weekend lunch or supper. You will probably have all the ingredients on hand, so why not make it tonight? I found this recipe on the internet.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, packed, rinsed and torn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch Oven, brown sausage with garlic.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans with their liquid and zucchini.
- Cover and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in spinach.
- Cover and allow spinach to cook in the steam from the soup for another 5 minutes or until tender.
- Serves 6.