Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A GREAT MEAL for a BUSY DAY! Add this to your 30 minute meals. Wonderful melting, gooey cheese over a tomato sauce with Italian flavored sausage on a roll. WOW! This is good stuff especially for Italian food lovers or hungry teenagers.
- 453.59 g Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 680.38 g pasta sauce
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese
- 2 hoagie rolls, split
- Remove casings from sausage. Crumble and brown in a large skillet. Drain and set aside.
- Sautee onion in same skillet. Add tomato pasta sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add sausage. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place split hoagie rolls each on a plate. Spoon sausage-tomato mixture over roll halves. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place under hot broiler until cheese melts (approximately 1 minutes).
I made this recipe on 1/9/10 as part of mine and SO's dinner. The mild Italian sausage I used didn't have any casings.Also, the onions were cooked along with the sausage. Except for those two changes, the recipe was made as written. And since it was just my SO and myself, I only made two sandwiches. But since we are both cheese addicts, the full amount was used. This recipe had everything going for it,it was quick and very tasty. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
I made this for my husband and kids and they all loved it. It has very good flavor and is easy to make after working all day.
pssssssst pssssssst...an ultra fast dinner fix that they'll think you labored over! Made for Ed'n 8 Make My recipe A/NZ