Italian Sausage Pizza Melt
photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
2 slices each
- 12 inches pre-baked pizza crusts (I like Boboli )
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, and romano blend
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups leftover italian sausage pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, and provolone blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush olive oil evenly over crust.
- Then sprinkle the 4 Tablepoons of Parmesan Romano Blend, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder over the oiled crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Cover with pasta sauce, making sure crust is evenly covered.
- Top with shredded cheese and if desired sprinkle with crushed red pepper and onion, then bake for 15 minutes or until sauce is slightly bubbling and cheese is lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I haven't been here for a long time, MY recipes aren't up for adoption. :) And don't change any of them either. ;)