1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage Lentil Soup
1 hr 10 mins
This makes the most awesome lentil soup. Great for the soon to come cold weather and goes together quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place onion, celery, garlic and carrots in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- 2Saute the veggies in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 3Remove sausage from casings and crumble.
- 4Add sausage to vegetables and saute until no longer pink.
- 5Rinse lentils and add to pot.
- 6Add broth, water and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, stirring often.
- 8If soup becomes too thick, add more broth.
- 9Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- 10When done, drizzle with olive oil, stir and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.4
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 781.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 13.9 g