Spinach, Sausage & Lentil Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- cooking spray
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 large carrots, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (12 ounce) bag lentils
- 10 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tarragon (more to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano (more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Spray a dutch oven or large stock pot with cooking spray. Add onions, garlic and sausage. Break up sausage with wooden spoon while sausage browns. Drain off fat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. You don't even need to defrost the spinach. Bring to a simmer, cook till lentils are soft, about 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!