Recipe by TPubmgjbd
An old standby that is quick and easy to prepare and makes the most delicious sauce to serve over noodles or spaghetti. I've had this recipe for years and made several changes to the original.
- 2 lbs Italian sausage or 2 lbs Polish kielbasa, cut into 2 inch pieces (my favorite is Kiebasi)
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon italian seasoning (depending on taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (again, depending on taste)
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (optional)
- 4 teaspoons water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute sausage pieces, green pepper and onion in vegetable oil until vegetables are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, combine cornstarch and water and stir into mixture until thickened after dish has cooked 30 minutes.
- Serve over noodles or spaghetti.