My mom clipped this recipe from a magazine back in the 70's, and it has become a favorite. Perfect comfort food for a cool autumn or winter night, and tastes even better the next day!
- Cut sausage into round slices, and stew beef into smaller, bite-size pieces.
- Brown sausage, then meat, in garlic.
- Saute onions in same pan.
- Put meats, onions, potatoes, pepper and kidney beans into Dutch oven. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a generous amount of basil. Stir to mix ingredients, and pour broth (or bouillion dissolved in 1 cup water) over all.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
Very good stew. The italian sausage put a different spin on an old favorite. Made for TYM.