Recipe by Bergy
Another do ahead casserole. Great for a buffet, especially around Cristmas , the colored peppers show through. If you wish lightly saute the peppers with the onion and mushrooms. I prefer them crisp.Nicely flavored combination.
Top Review by Kizzikate
We liked this a lot. It has a quiche-like consistancy, and the flavors mingled very well. I used half & halk, which worked fine. Do be careful to watch the bacon so it doesn't burn! Thanks Bergy, made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2008.
- 1 lb potato, peeled,cut into even pieces,boiled until tender and then sliced
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream or 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled,well drained on paper towell
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- After cooking the potatoes let them stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a 9" quiche dish or other oven proof dish.
- Saute the onions& Mushrooms until just soft.
- Beat together the eggs, cream,salt& pepper.
- Cover the potatoes with the peppers, mushrooms, onion and half the bacon.
- Pour in the beaten egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350F degrees for apprx 35 minutes.
- Uncover add the rest of the bacon.
- Return to oven uncovered for about 10 minutes or until you can insert a knife and it comes out clean.
- Watch your bacon doesn't get too brown, if it starts to, loosely place foil over top.
- Casserole should be a nice golden color.