Chipotle Salsa Petite Tender With Stuffed Mini-Sweet Peppers
photo by Publix Aprons Simpl
- Ready In:
Chipotle Salsa Petite Tender
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 beef shoulder, petite tenders (1 1/4–1 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup chipotle salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 large zip-top bag
- 8 (12 inch) wooden skewers
Stuffed Mini-Sweet Peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mini-sweet bell peppers
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package precooked bacon slices, slices
- 4 ounces jalapeno-cheddar cream cheese
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Chipotle Salsa Petite Tender:
- Preheat grill.
- Cut onion into 1-inch chunks.
- Cut meat into 1-inch cubes, about 32 pieces; wash hands.
- Combine salsa, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade; place remaining marinade and steak in bag. Seal bag and knead to coat; let stand 15 minutes to marinade (or overnight).
- Thread onions and meat alternately on skewers. Place skewers on grill; grill 4–5 minutes, turning often, or until meat is 145°F (for medium rare). Baste skewers with reserved 1/4 cup marinade during last 2 minutes of grill time. Serve.
Stuffed Mini-Sweet Peppers:
- Preheat grill.
- Remove stem end of peppers; slice peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and white membrane.
- Cut bacon slices in half.
- Combine cream cheese and shredded cheese. Arrange peppers on work surface with cut side up; divide cheese mixture and fill each pepper half.
- Wrap one-half slice bacon around each pepper and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Place peppers on grill over indirect heat; grill 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bacon is crispy. Remove toothpicks and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!