Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is Italian not because I have used Italian mushrooms in the recipe. It was inspired by a fantastic mushroom pate I eat last summer while on holiday in Umbria. This is extremely easy to make I recommended serving it heaped on warm wholemeal toast. In my opinion this makes an Ideal starter, snack, lunch or even breakfast.
- Add 1 tbls olive oil to a medium pan (not a non-stick frying pan)
- Finely Chop the onion and fry with the crushed garlic until soft, just before they start to brown.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, chili and thyme and continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft. Be carful not to overcook, as the mushrooms will make the mixture too liquid.
- Try the mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take off the heat, add the remaining olive oil and breadcrumbs and mix in a blender. I suggest not blending for too long and the pate will have a nice coarse texture.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Comment:. This is quite spicy so you may want to use less chili. Or perhaps more!
This is great!! It produced a wonderful aroma while it was cooking. I followed the recipe with no changes, using fresh bread crumbs (1/2 slice of bread) and 0.66 pounds of baby bellas.
This was easy and has a very good taste. To me it was not spicy at all. I can't wait to try it again tomorrow after the flavors have mingled. Thanks Tim Barker for sharing.
Made for PAC Spring 2012