Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Cooking time is chilling time. Herb butters are a nifty way to spice up any meal. I like herbed butters as a quick easy way to flavor frozen or canned veggies. Just add a dab of herbed butter and heat up the veggies. You can substitute margarine for the butter. If you choose to use dried herbs instead of fresh use 1 1/2 times the amount called for.
- 226.79 g sweet unsalted butter
- 9.85 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 9.85 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Let butter soften to room temperature.
- Beat in other ingredients.
- Pack butter into molds or crocks or form balls with a melon baller.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Can be stored for upto 1 month in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.
I had to use fresh chive instead of oregano cause mine is not growing :( This butter is so yummy. Thanks Nyteglori :) Made for Market tag game
This is delicious and a wonderful way to make butter extra-special. I served this with crusty Italian bread and my guests just loved it. They were impressed! It's easy to make which is even better.
Very versatile recipe. I rolled mine into a log and just cut off some each time I use it. I used it the day after making it but I think it actually improves with a little bit of time. So far I've used it in sandwiches, veges, jaffles, on a grilled steak and (my favourite) when making scrambled eggs. Thank you.