Recipe by Chris from Kansas
These tasty seasoned hamburgers are topped with tomato sauce and parmesan cheese. They make a quick and delicious meal. Serve alone or over pasta.
Top Review by Mama2boys
These hamburgers have a fantastic flavor and are extremely easy to prepare. I changed it a bit by doubling the recipe and adding 1 egg in place of some of the bread crumbs. I forgot the green peppers, but they weren't missed. I also used a cheese blend in place of the parmesan. We'll surely be having these again! Thank you!
- 6 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first seven ingredients.
- Add beef and 3 tblsp.
- of parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Shape into six patties.
- In a skillet, brown patties for 2 minutes on each side.
- Combine the tomato saude and italian seasoning; pour over patties.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Serve patties and sauce alone or over pasta if desired.