Italian Breaded Chicken Breasts
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (fresh is best but dried works in a pinch)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- Clean breasts of visible fat and tendons. Pound each with the flat side of a mallet until evenly 1/4 inch thick. (You may want to cut large cutlets in half).
- Mix breadcrumbs in flat bowl with cheese and parsley.
- Mix flour in another flat bowl with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Beat egg and water in another flat bowl.
- Dredge each piece in flour, then egg, then dip in egg and coat with breadcrumbs. Set on a piece of wax paper for 5 minutes to let breading adhere.
- Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add chicken cutlets and cook about 4 minute per side until nicely browned.
Join The Conversation