Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious all-purpose dry seasoning that is good in spaghetti sauce, chicken and dumplings, in pasta salads, or sprinkled on fresh, ripe sliced tomatoes. It also makes a good Italian Salad Dressing for salads or marinade. Omit salt if you like.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano, ground or 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt or 2 tablespoons salt substitute
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground basil or 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried celery leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- Mix all ingredients together and store in air-tight container.
- ITALIAN SALAD DRESSING: Mix 2 tbs of this mix with 1/4 cup vinegar, 2 tbs water, and 1/2 to 2/3 cup olive oil or canola oil.
- Shake before using.
I will never buy the boxed stuff again... this is too easy and too good! Thank you so very much!!
Wow! I love this mix. I use it mainly for To Die for Crock Pot Roast Recipe #27208 and it works out perfect!! I made alot of this batch,,,,64 tablespoons,,,and put it in a quart size ziplock and used 2 1/2 tablespoons for the pot roast. It was awesome. Thank you so much for this inexpensive mix to make at home. I don't use the ground thyme,,,so i used regular and after I made the batch I put it in my food processor to chop it. I did make the dressing once,,and My daughter liked it,,,just asked for me to chill it next time, so I know it's good dressing but I usually make this specifically for the pot roast.
This mix made the best Italian dressing! It was easy to put together. I didn't have celery leaves so I used celery seeds. Thanks so much!