Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Pizzelles are a delicious crispy cookie with the perfect amount of sweetness. Provides a tasty base for an ice cream sandwich.
- Beat the eggs, adding sugar gradually. Beat until smooth. Add cooled margarine and vanilla extract or anise flavouring.
- Sift the flour and baking powder. Blend into the egg mixture until smooth. Dough will be sticky enough to be dropped by spoon.
- Heat Pizzelle maker. Grease a small cookie scoop with cooking spray. Scoop the cookie dough and place just past the centre of the form towards the back of the maker. Lock and set a timer for 26 seconds. Cook longer if you like them darker.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
- Chocolate Pizzelles: Sift cocoa, additional sugar and baking powder into dry ingredients for Classic Pizzelles. Blend into egg mixture until smooth.