Light Italian Pizzelles
photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated calorie free artificial sweetener (see note at the bottom)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Melt the coconut oil and set aside to cool. Heat the pizzelle maker.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar.
- Add the cooled melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut extract and water.
- Sift flour and baking powder then add to the egg mixture. Batter will be sticky. If batter is too thick, add a bit more water.
- Spray a small cookie scoop inside and out with a no-stick cooking spray. Drop a scoop of cookie dough onto the centre of the hot pizzelle machine. I cook mine for between 60 seconds and 70 seconds. Each machine heats differently and it depends on how dark you like your Pizzelles.
- Place Pizzelles on a cooling rack. Once cooled, store in an airtight container to keep crispy.
- NOTE: Use a calorie free sweetener that replaces sugar cup for cup. If you are using regular granulated sugar instead of the sweetener, do not add the 1/2 cup water.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.