Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pasta and chicken with an Italian flavor.
Make and share this Italian Chicken in a Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups small shell pasta, shells, macaroni etc
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In lg skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Add onion and peppers, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, and spices.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add pasta, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 min or until pasta is done.
Very good! My husband came home and commented on how you could smell the aroma from outside! Little does he know how much I really chopped up those onions and peppers so he wouldn't notice them, he hates them. We enjoyed this dish very much; and it's a great low fat dish.
So easy and so good! Served with a salad and some garlic bread. Loved the fact that everything was done in one pan and it took only minutes to make.
Very good. Even my 4yr old ate every bite! I used italian seasoned chicken broth instead and basil (I was out of oregano) and elbow macaroni. I will definately make this again - as requested by my daughter.