Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pasta and chicken with an Italian flavor.
Make and share this Italian Chicken in a Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups small shell pasta, shells, macaroni etc
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In lg skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Add onion and peppers, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, and spices.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add pasta, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 min or until pasta is done.
Very good! My husband came home and commented on how you could smell the aroma from outside! Little does he know how much I really chopped up those onions and peppers so he wouldn't notice them, he hates them. We enjoyed this dish very much; and it's a great low fat dish.
Very good. Even my 4yr old ate every bite! I used italian seasoned chicken broth instead and basil (I was out of oregano) and elbow macaroni. I will definately make this again - as requested by my daughter.
Outstanding. Tastes like something you'd order at Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill. I doubled the recipe as I have a super sized skillet and we serve 6. I did space out and used veg oil instead of olive (I had read recipe but not while cooking). I did the peppers and onions very small and started them for 5 min before I added the chicken them cooked them together. I used a whole box of Barilla bow tie pasta and cooked covered 13 min. Served with buttered brocoli and bread. I have rated alot of recipes and this is I think the 2nd time a 5 star was deserved.