Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
from Taste of Home. A hearty, crowd-pleasing Italian main dish. It's easy to make and serve. I prefer to shred my cheese so that it is evenly distributed over the top.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk Italian sausage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (8 3/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook sausage, beef, onion and green pepper until meat is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Add tomato sauce and paste, water and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add corn and olives; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in noodles.
- Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dishes.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 25- 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 16-20 servings.