Recipe by NannyMarvel
A wonderful and warming soup taken from the pages of Williams-Sonoma. Served with tapenade topped baguettes, it's a great cold-weather meal.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pancetta, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chopped thyme (1/2 teaspoon if using fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3 1/2 quart dutch oven over medium heat, warm 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook pancetta in oil for 5 minutes, Add onion, carrot and celery and cook 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add beans, broth and thyme and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Take off heat and puree with immersion blender until smooth. Stir in cheese. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Slice a baguette loaf into 1/2" slices. Brush both sides of slices with olive oil. Salt both sides. Toast bread until golden. Top toasted slices with a good tapenade spread (I use Trader Joes' tomatoe and fresh basil brushetta.
- Serve and enjoy.