Cannellini Bean Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fennel, diced
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian sausage, sliced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry or 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cannellini beans, soaked overnight and drained or (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large pot, slowly cook onion, fennel and celery in oil until softened.
- Add sausage, garlic and herbs, then cook another 1-2 minute.
- Deglaze with sherry and reduce by half.
- Add the stock (it should cover by 1-1/2 inches-add more stock or water if needed).
- Add beans and simmer until very soft (about 1-1/2 hours if dry).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!