Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
A side of garlic-roasted potatoes would be wonderful with this. If you don't have any pasta sauce, mix some tomato paste with a little hot water, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt, and you'll be good to go!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce (canned or jarred is fine)
- 4 fresh basil sprigs
- Combine first 9 ingredients; shape into 4 patties.
- Place on grill and close lid. Grill over medium-high heat 7-8 minutes on each side or until desired level of doneness.
- Top patties with cheese and grill 1 more minute or till cheese melts. Place muffins on grill, cut sides down, and grill 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- Top each burger with 2 Tbsp pasta sauce and a sprig of fresh basil.
I made these for dinner tonight. They smelled divine while grilling. The only thing I did differently was I served them on ciabatta rolls instead of English muffins. I split the rolls, drizzled them with EVOO and grilled them before putting the burger together. Even DD really enjoyed these burgers. The only thing I will do differently is maybe coarsely chop the basil sprig before I put it on top of the burgers. We all got a whole leaf of basil in one bite instead of a little in every bite. Thanks for a great recipe!
Perfect burger! Wonderful flavors to go with my Italian salad. Will make this one all the time as DH loved it.
Great burger! Tastes like a giant meatball sandwich. Scaled this down just for two. Left out the fennel since I don't care for it much. Served these on onion rolls with macaroni salad.