Nutty Italian Burger (For the Grill)
photo by Redsie
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion (med-size & chopped)
- 1 large garlic clove (I use 2)
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces romano cheese (grated, may sub Parmesan)
- 4 ounces pine nuts
- 8 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (I use McCormick Classic Herbs)
- Preheat the grill.
- Combine all ingredients & mix well.
- Shape into 4-6 thick rounds to suit the # you desire or your bun size.
- Brush the grilling rack w/oil & grill approx 3-in from the heat source for about 5 min on ea side or till burgers are well-browned & crispy.
- Serve w/burger condiments of choice, but how could mozzarella cheese & tomato be wrong? NOT!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made 1/2 recipe (2 burgers) last night, popped 1 in the freezer and 1 in my GF Grill. Too cold for outdoor grilling but that spare in the freezer is destined for the outdoors! I used chopped Vidalia onion and Parm cheese, and topped the pattie with mozzarella as you did, and found it incredible! Thanks for sharing Twissis. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an American transplanted from Dallas to Iceland by marriage to a native Icelander & I retired to become his "Kitchen Queen". We love to entertain our family & friends, so I have an eclectic collection of recipes. I especially love simple, easy-fix, flexible & make-ahead recipes - BUT also like challenging myself on occasion. I enjoy baking & food photography. I am devoted to the "More is Always Better Principle" & apply it liberally to bacon, butter & garlic. I can have ingredient issues due to availability here in Iceland & my DH is medically diet-restricted from some ingredients as well. Either situation might require me to modify a recipe, but I will do my best to be true to your recipes & fair/honest in my reviews. Mary Pat (aka twissis)