Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Submitted for the 'Zaar World Tour 2005 Prep time does not include chilling time
- 1 tablespoon powdered unflavored gelatin
- 4 tablespoons water
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto
- 4 -5 amaretti cookies
- Sprinkle the gelatin over 4 Tb. water and allow to soften about 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the sugar over low heat until caramel color, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In another saucepan, heat 1 cup cream to just a simmer. Gradually stir the hot cream into the caramel sugar.
- Add the amaretto and gelatin. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whip 1 cup of remaining cream until stiff. Gently fold it into the caramel mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 custard cups and refrigerate about 3 hours.
- Crumble the amaretti cookies in a food processor.
- Sprinkle the top of the custard with the crumbs and serve.
Wopderful! I served this delicious cream with your Strawberries in Balsamic and it was an inspired combination (if I do say so myself ;-)). So glad I chose to make this.
Mmm, I love Amaretto. Good idea making a Cream of it. I found this a little bland version and would decrease amount of cream quite radically, but I always do the same with creamy desserts, use less cream to get more concentrated flavor.
This was delicious! The amaretti cookies are a perfect topping for the Amaretto Cream. Maybe it's my stove, but I find it impossible to melt/carmelize sugar on low heat, so I did have to crank the heat up much higher. Great dessert, Pot Scrubber--thanks!