These delicious burgers with pineapple, teriyaki sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, Swiss and mayo are my take on the Hawaiian Burger as served at the famous Islands restaurant. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Serve on your choice of white or whole wheat buns with sides of lightly steamed veggies (broccoli and carrots) or fresh cut fries, and you're doing the hula.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (I use Kikkoman Terriyaki Baste and Glaze with honey and pineapple)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple rings, drained
- 2 -3 tablespoons additional teriyaki sauce
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 8 slices red onions
- fresh lettuce leaf
- 8 hamburger buns (white or whole wheat)
- teriyaki sauce, to serve
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2Tear off a sheet of Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil long enough to cover entire grill grate. Make drainage holes in the non-stick foil with a grilling fork; set aside.
- 3Combine terriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ground beef, and salt and pepper in a large bowl until well blended.
- 4Shape beef mixture into 8 burgers, 4 inches round and 1/2-inch thick.
- 5Place foil sheet with holes on grill grate with non-stick (dull) side facing up. Immediately place burgers and pineapple rings on foil.
- 6Grill burgers and pineapple uncovered 5 minutes; turn. Brush burgers with remaining terriyaki sauce; grill 5 minutes.
- 7Remove pineapple rings from foil. Turn burgers; brush with terriyaki sauce. Grill 3 minutes longer or until burgers are done.
- 8Lightly toast hamburger buns on grill. Top burgers with 1 slice cheese before removing from grill.
- 9Spread buns with mayonnaise and add lettuce, onion and tomato.
- 10Place burgers on buns; top with grilled pineapple rings.
- 11Serve with additional teriyaki sauce, as desired.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Islands Hawaiian Teriyaki Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.3
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.4 mg
- Sodium 1351.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 36.3 g