Genuine Hawaiian Teriyaki Sauce
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
1 2 cups
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger, very fine
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
- Mix soy and sugar in small sauce pan over low heat just enough to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
- Let cool and store in a glass jar in refrigerator.
- A light inexpensive soy works well for this, just make sure it is real not one with caramel coloring as an ingredient. Tamari is a bit too heavy for this, though will work in a pinch.
- I use my parmesan cheese grater to grate ginger--comes out well that way.
- This is also great on noodles, tofu, vegetables, added to stir frys, besides grilled meats and burgers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews