Recipe by Lori 13
POW!!! This is a 5 star (er)!!! Serve over rice or pasta (homemade is even BETTER!)
- 2 1⁄4 lbs shrimp
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cassava (or golden turnip, peeled, chunked)
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup onion (grated)
- 1 red bell pepper (minced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup parsley (minced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean shrimp, reserving shells.
- Toss shrimp with the lime, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add the shells. Saute 3 minutes.
- Add water and wine. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to 1 cup. Strain.
- Boil cassava 20 minutes. Drain.
- Puree with coconut milk. Season.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic, onion and pepper. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp. Saute 1 minute.
- Add broth. Saute 1 minute.
- Stir in cassava puree. Heat through.