Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lots of flavors come together to make a yummy and different quick bread or muffin. Update--I obviously committed a big oops! So sorry, the temp I cook this at (and truly thought I had posted) is 350°F. I am so sorry to have omitted that important fact and hope it didn't ruin the outcome of anyone's bread.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped mangoes (very ripe)
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- Mix sour cream and margarine together and then add mangoes.
- Add eggs, sugar, then extracts, then coconut and raisins.
- Mix dry ingredients (except sugar) together and incorporate into the wet ingredients, stir till all is combined well.
- Pour into a greased large loaf pan (5 by 10)and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for approx 1 hour. You may need to make a tent out of aluminum foil for the last 15 minutes or so to prevent it from darkening to much.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Great recipe - it gets eaten so fast! First time I did not chop the mango small enough... oops!
great recipe, used it for overripe mangoes and added a little toasted coconut glaze on top. thanks!
Went fast, very good!