Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in the local newspaper. They look so fantastic, you won't be able to resist them!
- 1 (21 1/2 ounce) box brownie mix (I like Duncan Hines)
- 1⁄2 cup irish cream
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup irish cream
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 1 ounce square chocolate with 1 tsp butter)
- Heat oven to 350°F; grease the bottom of a 13x9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine brownie ingredients. Beat 50 strokes with a spoon, spread in greased pan, and bake for 20 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool completely.
- For Frosting:.
- In a small bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients; add more Irish Cream if too thick. Spread over cooled brownies.
- For Glaze:.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, or in microwave, melt chocolate chips (or chocolate with 1 tsp butter). Stir occasionally.
- Drizzle glaze over frosted brownies.
These are super brownies and very easy! I received a bottle of Irish Cream for Christmas in a gift exchange at work. Being that I'm not a drinker, I needed to find some recipes to use this in. This is the first one that I've tried. Here are just a few notes that I made: 1) I used a 19.9 ounce box of Betty Crocker Dark Brownie Mix, 2) the oil that I used was vegetable oil, 3) for the frosting, I used about 1/2 cup of the Irish Cream to get the desired consistency that I was looking for, 4) I used about 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 5) my baking time was 28 minutes. Thanks so much for posting and I'm sure my work associates will appreciate these tomorrow! :-)
I love brownies and I love Irish Cream, so it came as no shock that I loved these!!!! Great flavor and pretty enough to serve to company!!!! I microwaved the choclate chips in a sandwich bag for 30 seconds or so and kneaded it to melt them all. Then I snipped one end off the bag and used that to drizzle or pipe the chocolate on. Thanks for a great recipe!
Wanted to update my review....these were a huge hit with the euchre group and with my DD boyfriends family.....very good brownies with very little effort....