Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A different clam chowder. Quick and easy enough for a weeknight.
Make and share this Irish Clam Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- Chop leek and place in a bowl of cold water; agitate leeks with fingers to loosen dirt.
- Dice potatoes.
- In a large, heavy bottomed pot, saute leeks in 2 T. butter over medium heat until bright green and fragrant.
- Add clam juice and chicken broth.
- Add potatoes and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- While potatoes are simmering, in a saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt remaining butter.
- Add flour and whisk into butter, cooking for a couple of minutes.
- Add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk constantly until mixture becomes very thick and bubbly.
- Add white sauce to potato/leek mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until combined well.
- Add clams, and salt & pepper to taste.