Cooking Light. May 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 lbs lean top round beef, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 serrano chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1To prepare curry, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Place half of the beef in skillet; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned.
- 2Remove the beef from pan. Keep warm. Repeat process with the remaining beef.
- 3Lower heat to medium; add oil to pan. Add shallots, ginger, garlic, and chiles; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in coriander and next 6 ingredients (through cinnamon); cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- 5Return beef to pan. Add broth; bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until beef is tender.
- 6Uncover and cook 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Discard cinnamon stick; stir in juice.
- 7To prepare rice, bring 1 1/4 cups water and remaining ingredients to a boil.
- 8Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- 9Fluff with a fork. Place 2/3 cup rice onto each of 6 plates; top each serving with 1/2 cup curry.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Beef Curry With Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.0
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 69.5 mg
- Sodium 586.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk