Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy preparation but you need 2 cups cooked brown rice as an ingredient.
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces, skinned
- 8 ounces yogurt or 8 ounces low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup green bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, seeded, coarsely chopped
- parsley sprig
- In a skillet, cook onion and garlic in hot oil until onion is tender but not brown.
- Stir in cooked brown rice.
- Spray a 12 X 17 X 2 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and spread rice mixture in bottom of dish.
- Arrange chicken on top of the rice.
- In a mixing bowl stir together yogurt, flour, cumin, ginger and 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Stir in chopped green or red pepper and spoon mixture over chicken in baking dish.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with chopped tomatoes.
- Garnish with parsley.