Grilled Indian-Style Curry Yogurt Chicken
Ideal for grilling; however, it can be baked in the oven. Serve with a cucumber salad and rice. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skinless chicken breast halves
- Mix the yogurt, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, curry, cayenne, and salt in a large ziplock bag until well combined. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Marinate the chicken at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade (discard the marinade) and grill over medium-high heat , about 12 minutes per side, until cooked thoroughly. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Delicious chicken! I had bone-in thighs, and after removing the skin I put them in the marinade, and then life happened and they stayed in there for 2 days! We had snow, so they didn't make it out to the grill, either. I baked them at 350 for 40 minutes, and they were very flavorful and moist. Obviously this is a very resilient recipe as well as tasty! We will be using this recipe again in the future, we really enjoyed it! Made for FYCReply
Absolutely fabulous! I made the marinade just as directed and marinated one 2.5# bag of thawed chicken tenderloins for 24+ hours then grilled (didn't take so long on the grill because the tenderloins were smaller than an entire breast -- maybe more like 5-6 minutes per side). Served with a Cucumber Yogurt Raita (Food.com recipe #231041) - mmmmm! and a Moroccan Chickpea & Zucchini Salad (Food.com recipe #310837) that I made the previous day. When it came time to serve, it all came together with ease and was very impressive. Guests were pleased. Thanks so much!Reply
see 6 more