Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A spice mix that I found on the web. I use it in currys, soup and even in a dressing if I want it to be a little spicy or have a hint of an Asian flavour.
- 2 tablespoons curry
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Store in a glass jar.
- It will keep for several weeks.
- I use 2-3 tablespoons in a curry for 4 people.
- For a dressing-about 1 tablespoon.
- These are estimates, follow your own tastebuds.
This is a really, really nice spice mix. It has a great spicy and sweet flavour and is balanced very well. I luv how all the different spices work together perfectly and make for a great addition to Indian/Asian dishes. I first tried this in a bread recipes and it added a nice subtle flavour. I cant wait to try it in curry dishes or in a couscous salad. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing another great recipe with us, Mirjam! Made and reviewed for my baby during PAC Fall 09.
These kinds of recipes are difficult to rate until incorporated into another dish, therefore, I used it when I made Aromatic Chicken Curry, and I can say that I really liked it! I used a particularly hot curry. Thanks, Chef Dudo! Made for PAC Fall '08.