Recipe by Manami
This is an easy, almost home-made pie. Not Sandra Lee's but it comes from Betty Crocker and me. I included cooling time.
- 1⁄2 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon apricot brandy
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can apricot halves, strained, drained and mashed
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- non-dairy whipped topping
- 3 teaspoons chopped toasted almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 9" pie plate.
- Stir together all ingredients except preserves, whipped topping and nuts until blended.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Heat preserves and nuts over low heat until melted; spread over pie.
- Cool and garnish with whipped topping.
- Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.