photo by allya_rachel
- Ready In:
1 9inch pie
- 3 1⁄2 cups pitted unpeeled apricots (about 20-24 apricots)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 pie crust 9 inch pie shell (your own or store bought)
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients, except for pie crust.
- Roll out bottom crust and place in 9-inch pie pan.
- Pour filling into pie pan.
- Dot with butter and top with top crust.
- Crimp edges and cut"x" in top for steam.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes at 400-degrees F or until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I left out the tapoica on this one but heres a tip to people with olden-age oven lower the temperature to 350 after 20 minutes bake time..I really liked this pie but it almost turned dark brown when I was not looking-if you have a fan in your oven please lower the temperature!!! I loved the taste of the apricots and it was so SWEET!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>