Recipe by Peyton's Mom
This is a Bisquick classic. This is one of my husband's favorites. And, I thought I lost the recipe and just found the card for it. Thought I should post it before I lost it. ***you can use the reduced fat Bisquick and skim milk to lower the fat content. it comes out EXCELLENT**
Top Review by tschwartz2
Favorite recipe includes spinach and tomatoes. I put the spinach on top of the hamburger and then add tomato slices later after the bisquick has been poured. See photo. It's delicious!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown, drain. Stir in salt, spread in pie plate and sprinkle with cheese.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients with fork or wire wisk until well blended. Pour in pie plate.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.