Recipe by Anita Harris
Quick and simple to prepare. It's a good dessert for potlucks or anytime you want a tasty ending to a meal. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 loaf angel food cake
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cans prepared cherry pie filling (or filling of your choice)
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut angel food cake into slices and place in a single layer in the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread this mixture over cake layer; chill about 1 hour.
- Spread pie filling over cream cheese filling then spread with Cool Whip.
- Chill additional 2-3 hours.