Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Quick and simple to prepare. It's a good dessert for potlucks or anytime you want a tasty ending to a meal. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 loaf angel food cake
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cans prepared cherry pie filling (or filling of your choice)
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed
- Cut angel food cake into slices and place in a single layer in the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread this mixture over cake layer; chill about 1 hour.
- Spread pie filling over cream cheese filling then spread with Cool Whip.
- Chill additional 2-3 hours.
i just made this and we havent actually tried it yet but it looks really yummy and its pretty. cant wait till dessert.
I gave this 5 stars. My gram taught me how to make this yummy dessert and there after for every family event I was asked to make this until I became sick of it. She passed away 1/15/07 and I made this for her memorial dinner in her honor as she so loved it. The copy I have is slightly different. There is no vanilla or Cool Whip. The angel food cake is 1 large cake, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 cup milk, 1 can or more cherry pie filling, and 2 pkgs Dream Whip. Directions are have cream cheese at room temp. Whip Dream Whip with milk. Add cream cheese, whip and add sugar. Break cake into pieces and fold into creamed mixture. Place in a cake pan. Top with cherries, cover and refrigerate overnight. I have used blueberry pie filling before and it is just as good. Thanks for posting a yummy dessert. Christine (internetnut)