Cherry Icebox Cookies
these are wonderful preperation. time includes chilling time for dough..
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 8mins
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 3 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, finely chopped
- in bowl, cream butter and sugar.beat in egg and vanilla.combine dry ingredients, gradually add to creamed mixture -- add cherry and lemon juice, stir in nuts and cherries.add cherry and lemon juice.stir in nuts and cherries.
- shape into 4 12" rolls, wrap each roll in plastic wrap --
- refrigerate 4 hours or till firm.
- unwrap and cut into 1/4" slices.
- place 2" apart on ungreased sheets.
- bake at 375* for 8=10 minutes or edges begin to brown --
- remove to racks to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Woo hoo! I've been looking for a good recipe for cherry icebox cookies, as they're a childhood favorite from a world-famous bakery in my hometown. I don't make my way back there very often and have missed them, so it's great to be able to make some at home. These aren't exactly the same, but they're quite close and the texture is excellent! I will definitely make them again. Thank you for posting the recipe! My family and friends of my hometown will all want to make these. :)