Vanilla Panna Cotta
a nice quick dessert with fresh fruits. Cooking time includes chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon powdered unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean (split lengthwise)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup mixed berry
- chocolate syrup (for topping)
- In a small bowl, combine water, and gelatin and let sit for 10 minutes. DO NOT STIR.
- In a medium saucepan, heat cream, vanilla beanm and sugar to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally to disolve the sugar.
- As soon as it simmers, turn off heat and add gelatin.
- If gelatin does not dissolve in 3 minutes, return to heat and warm gently until dissolved.
- Pour mixture into 6-8 dessert cups.
- Chill, uncovered for at least 2 hours.
- TO SERVE:.
- Dip cups in hot water for 10 seconds and then turn out onto dessert plates.
- Surround each panna cotta with berries and drizzle chocolate syrup over the top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very yummy, we love panna cotta, wonderful source of calcium and very versatile in "dressing" the custard. I used lactose free heavy cream (so Little Miss (DD) could also eat it) but then kept to the recipe. Made this for hubby's birthday with an variety of other deserts. Everyone wanted to try the panna cotta. I topped it with chocolate flakes and strawberries and kiwi berries. Thanks for posting your recipe weekend cooker