Recipe by Ma Field
From an old Farm Journal cookbook & adjusted a bit. If you can get fresh or your own frozen blueberries it'll be so much better, but frozen store-bought berries are good too. Pre-bake the pie crust according to your own recipe or the package directions, since the pie filling is cooked and put into the shell with no further baking. Cool, refreshing and looks stunning on a cookout dessert table!
Top Review by Secret Agent
I have the Farm Journal Pie Cookbook too and I just love the double blueberry pie recipe! You forgot to drown it in whipped cream to really guild the lily! Thanks for posting! SA;)
- 1 pie shell, pre-baked and cooled
- 4 cups fresh blueberries (frozen is okay, too)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Use 2 cups blueberries to line the bottom of the pie shell.
- Put remaining 2 cups berries in a medium saucepan along with sugar and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly until thickened. (If the sauce looks too thick, add up to 1/4 cup water - it really depends on the juiciness of the berries). Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Carefully pour sauce over the berries in the pie shell. Chill until ready to serve.