Recipe by Rita~
This is a refreshing crisp salad made with shredded iceberg, garden tomatoes, and scallions. Dressed with a spicy, smoky pepper dressing. This is a take off of a salad my DH ordered in a 5 star restaurant. He was surprised to see a salad made with iceberg. Something I don 't buy often.
Top Review by BonnieZ
This was a delightful side dish to shrimp fajitas. I did scale down the salad for just the two of use, but made the full recipe of the dressing. Now I have a great dressing for more salads this week. Thank you Rita for sharing the recipe.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 garden tomatoes, cut into large matchsticks (I used yellow and red you can use what you have)
- 4 -6 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley or 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 chili pepper, seeded (I used habanaro, you can use seeds if you dare!)
- 1 whole chipotle chile in adobo