Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Combination foil/paper cupcake liners work best in this recipe. Use plain or Chocolate Whipped cream for topping - delicious! What a kid pleaser!!
- CUT CAKE AND SPREAD JAM:.
- Arrange cupcake liners in 12 cup muffin tin. Cut pound cake into 1/2 inch thick slices. Use 2-inch biscuit cutter to cut 12 circles. Reserve remaining pound cake and scraps for another use. Spread 1 teaspoons jam on top of each circle of pound cake. Place circles in cupcake liners.
- ADD ICE CREAM:.
- Place nicely rounded scoop of ice cream on top of each pound cake circle. Cover muffin tin with plastic and place in freezer until ice cream is very firm, at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- FROST WITH WHIPPED CREAM:.
- Beat cream, sugar, and vanilla to soft peaks. Remove muffin tin from freezer and cover ice cream with whipped cream, leaving cakes in tin and spreading whipped cream to form sloped sides with peaks.
- FREEZE AND SERVE:.
- Return to freezer to allow to set overnight. Remove cupcakes from muffin tin and serve.