Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is my Pizza crust recipe. The name comes from finally comming up with one I really like! It makes a thick crust.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 8 -9 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 packets fast rise yeast
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- Scald milk and oil together; cool to 115 degrees.
- combine 5 cups flour, cornmeal, yeast, sugar, salt.
- Add to cooled milk mixture.
- stir in 4 beaten eggs.
- Turn out on heavily floured board.
- Knead in remaining flour as needed.
- Knead 10-15 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Let rise till doubled- twice.
- Roll out and put on fixins and bake at 425 till golden brown.
- I use a pizza rack to bake it on and grease it before hand.
- I am sure mixing techniques could be adapted to your own preference with good results.
I like it too! It's delicious, easy to work with, the texture is perfect and it makes the exact right amount for us to make two large pizzas. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
This pizza crust is very good tasting. At first I was a bit confused on the instructions, they didn't match the amount of ingredients, so I went with the ingred. amount and ignored the instruction amount. I was also skeptical about scalding milk, never heard of this technique, but I'll try anything at first. The crust came out thick, but not as airy as I was hoping. It wasn't too heavy however. But, I would say it was the best tasting crust I've had so far, and believe me, I've made a lot. I will most definitely do this recipe again.