1/5 Photos of How to Sprout Wheat Berries
48 hrs 5 mins
Wheat berries, also called soft wheat, are found in the health food stores and in some grocery stores. This is a good basic recipe for srpouting. When sprouted, they have a wonderful sweet taste. The sprouts should get 1/3"- 3/4" long. These are great in salads, bread, as a snack, and in stir fry. Enjoy! When I cant' find cheesecloth, I cut up a washcloth into 4 squares. One square works great! Cook time is sprouting time. Adapted from the cookbook Fresh!
My Private Note
- 1Plaace 1/4 cup wheat berries in a quart canning jar(or similar regular jar) and fill with lukewarm water.
- 2Place a double thickness of cheesecloth over the mouth and secure with jar ring or rubber band.
- 3Drain water through the cheesecloth, fill again, and let soak for 2 hours.
- 4Drain, rinse again and drain.
- 5Place jar on it's side in a dark place.
- 6Rinse and drain twice a day for 2-4 days, or until 2 cups of sprouts are formed. Place the sprouts in a colander, rinse with cold water, drain and store in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for How to Sprout Wheat Berries
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: