Recipe by Kelly M.
Spicy stuffed peppers using ground turkey. I like to serve the marinara sauce on the side, but you can also bake them with the sauce, and even top with cheese if you like.
- 4 banana peppers
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 cup marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut top ends off of peppers, remove seeds and slice them down the middle to form two halves each and rub each with olive oil (you might want to wear gloves to prepare the peppers).
- Combine turkey, sage, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- Heat small skillet over medium-high heat and saute onions until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for one minute.
- Add onions to turkey mixture and mix well.
- Stuff each pepper half with turkey mixture and place in baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with marinara sauce.