Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A slight spin on a popular favorite.
- 4.92-9.85 ml dried chipotle powder or 4.92-9.85 ml dried ancho chile powder
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (small about 4 oz each)
- 14.79 ml oil
- 425.24 g black beans, drained
- 311.84 g Mexican-style corn, undrained
- 78.07 ml salsa (the hotter the better)
- 473.18 ml hot cooked rice (white, brown or mexican)
- cheese, cheddar, monterey jack, etc. (optional)
- chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over chicken breasts.
- In skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until juices run clear.
- Stir in beans, corn, and salsa. Heat to boiling. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until heated through and thickened.
- Serve over rice. Top with cheese, if desired, and garnish with cilantro.
Fast and tasty meal.
I used fresh salsa with red bell peppers and chili. I finished my dried garlic so used some chopped fresh one.
I topped the chickien with some green onion.
In 25 minutes everything was ready and the chicken was moist and tender.
Thanks a lot for this easy and yummi menu.
Thanks for sharing another great, easy to prepare recipe. I doubled the amount of salsa and the dish had the perfect amount of heat. It almost tasted like Chili's Margarita Chicken.