Tex-mex skillet chicken
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, coursely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, coursely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 tomatoes, seeded &,chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- Combine chicken, cumin and salt tossing to coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, saute stirring constantly, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in rice, picante sauce and broth, mixing well.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 10 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let stand another 10 minutes.
- sprinkle with tomatoes& olives.
- Service with a dollop of sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was soooo easy and had so much flavor! I never used instant rice so I was worried about the taste/texture but it was perfect! This was also my first time using cumin and I loved the combination of flavors in this dish. I didn't have any tomatoes, gr peppers or olives on hand so I made do w/o...but will definitely add them next time I make this. Thanks Cher!