1 hr 10 mins
This has such a colorful presentation and so good! When I was small, my Dad came home from a trip to Texas with a gallon of these pickles. It has taken me years to replicate the the flavors I remember. It may not be exact but it's close! =)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs carrots, cut into slices
- 2 heads cauliflower, separated into florets
- 4 cups jalapeno peppers, with 4 slits in each
- 24 habanero peppers, with 4 slits in each
- 1 cup pickling salt
- cold water
- 1In a medium bowl, add carrots sprinkle with 1/4 cup of pickling salt and cover with cold water.
- 2(Keep carrots separate or they will tint the cauliflower orange).
- 3Add cauliflower and jalapeño peppers in a separate bowl.
- 4Sprinkle with 3/4 cup pickling salt and cover with cold water.
- 5Let these set for 1 hour.
- 6Drain and rinse vegetables.
- 7Bring brine to a boil.
- 8Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Sterilize 14 pint or 7 quart jars and lids.
- 10Into each hot jar layer the vegetables in order of:.
- 11Carrots, 2-3 red habanaros, cauliflower and 3-4 green jalapeños.
- 12(Repeat for quart jars).
- 13Top with hot brine (stir brine occasionally to distribute the garlic).
- 14Seal with hot lids and process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- 15Let set for at least two week before using.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Pickled Vegetable Medley
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 76
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3003.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g